A University-wide, student-run organization that empowers students to advance sustainability practices and principles on and beyond CSU’s campus. The Center leads student projects, hosts topical events, distributes information, and builds relationships to promote environmental initiatives
Committed to improving sustainability at CSU and building the skill sets of students across campus, the Center empowers students to address the intersectionality of social, economic, and environmental sustainability challenges. The events, projects, and initiatives run by the SoGES Student Sustainability Center help shape the culture and practice of sustainability on campus and in our community.
The Student Sustainability Center Club
The SSC Club is open to students of every major and provides opportunities to learn, explore, and act in all aspects of sustainability. From helping to build solar arrays to organizing sustainability fashion shows, the SSC Club participates heavily in sustainability-focused activities and guides the direction of the Center. It is ready to take on the challenges of sustainability and have a great time doing it.
The Student Sustainability Center:
- Promotes relationships and information exchange among students from any major and across campus
- Engages CSU and community actors in sustainability endeavors
- Raises the awareness of sustainability grand challenges
- Connects undergraduates to SoGES and the minor in Global Environmental Sustainability
- Provides valuable information on jobs, internships, current news, and opportunities around campus and community
- Provides a fun, engaging environment for students from all disciplines to build lasting connections
LEADING ENVIRONMENTAL ADVANCEMENT FELLOWSHIP (LEAF) equips motivated students who are interested in sustainability-related careers with professional skills and builds sustainability competence in the workplace.Students of any major are invited to apply to this year-long program.
NITROGEN FOOTPRINT PROJECT is an endeavor to track the carbon and nitrogen use of CSU’s campus. This student-led project placed CSU among the world’s first institutions to calculate its nitrogen footprint and continues to innovate and inform sustainability on campus .
COALITION FOR SUSTAINABLE STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS (CSSO) is a partnership of registered student organizations chaired by the SSC. The coalition encourages collaboration and communication across sustainability-oriented student groups to empower collective efforts that address sustainability challenges.