Future Earth is a global platform for international scientific collaboration, providing the knowledge required for societies in the world to face risk posed by global environmental change and to seize opportunities in a transition to global sustainability.
The governance structure of Future Earth embraces the concepts of co-design and co-production of science with relevant stakeholders across a wide range of sectors.
The Governing Council and its subsidiary bodies, involve as appropiate, representatives from a range of communities (academia, funders, governments, international, organizations and science assessments, development groups, business and industry, civil society and the media).
The work of these bodies is supported by the Future Earth Secretariat that coordinates the scientific projects and performs the day-to-day management of Future Earth, ensuring coordination across themes, projects, regions and committees, and liasing with key actors.
The Secretariat comprises five global hubs which function as a single entity, located in Canada (Montreal), France (Paris), Japan (Tokyo), Sweden (Stockholm) and the United States (Colorado).
United States Hub:
Information Technology Officer
Learn more about Future Earth by visiting the Future Earth website.
- Watch a new video series on sustaineble development, July 2016
- Global Research Highlights 2015: IMBER, July 2016
- Conference summary: Avoiding Catastrophe- Linking Armed Conflict, Harm to Ecosystems and Public Health, June 2016
- The Future Earth Regional Centre for the Middle-east and North Africa launches collaboration with the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, June 2016
- Opening in Colorado: Information Technology officer, May 2016
- Take a survey on health priorities under Future Earth
- Post-doc-opening-atmospheric-physicas- brazil , May 2016
- Future Earth Korea Launches in Seoul, April 2016
- Feeding the planet doesn't require desfostation, study finds, April 2016
- Sign up to beta test the Future Earth Open Network, March 2016
- Call for abstracts: Earth Systems Governance Conference, March 2016
- Call from Future Earth: IPBES nomination of experts, March 2016
- Call for Sessions: SciDataCon 2016, February 2016
- Young Academics Award of the Alpine Convention, February 2016