2015-2016 Resident Fellows
SoGES Resident Fellows have been awarded funding through the School's annual RFP process. As well as receiving funding, Resident Fellows also receive such benefits as use of the space at 108 Johnson Hall, including office space, cubicles for graduate students, and large meeting rooms (all by request). The staff at the School can also provide accounting of funds, help with publicizing events and research, and other administrative duties, to facilitate the Fellows progress in interdisciplinary research. For more information about our Resident Fellows, or the annual RFP process, please contact Aleta Weller at email@example.com, or by calling 970-492-4160.
Colleen’s Fellowship will explore the concept of health as a unifying theme through which to promote conservation and sustainable use of public lands.
Charles’ research will address efforts by federal and state agencies to deal with air quality impacts associated with the production of shale-based oil and gas resources in the U.S.
Maria’s Fellowship will explore how art and sustainability science intersect, and specifically how poetry, storytelling and music can be used to discover, analyze, and communicate about human-environmental relationships.
- Sept. 1, 2015: The Enclosure of the Commons and the Language of Pastoral Protest: A Trans-Historical Perspective | 20 attendees | A brown-bag networking lunch to foster a community of scholars and writers across disciplines interested in exploring the intersection of poetry and sustainability.
- Sept. 10, 2015: The Enclosure of the Commons and the Language of Pastoral Protest: A Trans-Historical Perspective | 25 attendees | Featuring: Daniel Eltringham, Department of English and Humanitites, Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Sept. 23, 2015: Land, Poetry and People: A Reading | 40 attendees | Featuring: Matthew Cooperman, Department of English, CSU; Aby Kaupang, Fort Collins Poet Laureate; Cedar Brant, Colorado Review, CSU; and Daniel Eltringham, Department of English and Humanities, University of London
- Land, Poetry and People Workshop:
- April 25, 2016: The Stories Around Us: Science, Art and Everything in Between | 20 attendees | Led by John Calderazzo
- May 2, 2016: Poetry Workshop | 15 attendees | Led by Dan Beachy-Quick