Employment & Internship Opportunities
Current Job Openings
Website and Video Coordinator
School of Global Environmental Sustainability (SoGES)
Colorado State University
Official Title: Coordinator
Working Title: Website and Video Coordinator for the School of Global Environmental Sustainability (SoGES)
Status: Full time Administrative Professional. Term position for two years, renewable based upon availability of funding. This position also includes a University benefits package.
Salary: $40,000 annually.
The Website and Video Coordinator position requires a unique combination of technical and marketing skills. It is responsible for producing engaging content that is readable, searchable, actionable and sharable across all types of online/digital media; web development and management, which includes implementing web strategy; coordinating and researching new content ideas; writing, developing and publishing web content to a high standard that appropriately and accurately represents SoGES; ensuring the website(s) are current and accurate, easy to use, feature content that supports the School’s mission and employs best practices (i.e. chunking content, short pages, bulleted list, etc.); follow best practices with search engine optimization; creating clear, strategically-focused and benefit-oriented copy used to communicate brand and product-specific messages to prospective students, faculty, staff and alumni. This position will work in tandem with the SoGES Communications Coordinator. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the School’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Manage the School website and affiliate websites under the umbrella of the SoGES communications department (75% time)
- Manage the North Central Climate Science Center website (25% time)
- Develop simple to complex affiliate websites and train potential web managers associated with each site
- Media production including videography, video editing, photography, and graphic design.
- Coordinate social media strategies and activities for the School and oversee daily implementation of micro-blogging activities.
- Track and analyze web, email, and social media analytics
- Coordinate event publicity activities including community and campus flyer distribution, online marketing, and campus digital advertising
- Maintain graphic standards and brand identity
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, media, communication, marketing, public relations, journalism or a closely related field
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and website content management systems
- Experience with basic video recording and uploading
- Experience with using social media and other digital communication tools
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Two to four years relevant work experience
- Experience working with Drupal site building, theming, and/or development, including proficiency in PHP and MySQL in addition to WordPress
- Experience with professional video recording and editing
- Experience with social media strategy and online marketing campaigning
- Strong understanding of website analytics and search engine optimization monitoring tools, preferably Google Analytics
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premier Pro
- Experience in higher education, non-profits, or government work environments
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines
Submit the following:
- A cover letter outlining how the applicant’s professional background and experienced match the required and preferred qualifications for the position.
- A resume including current contact information.
- Three professional references that include name, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Reference will not be contacted without prior notification to the candidate.
- At least two web site design and/or videography samples (please provide links)
Submit materials to the following address: http://warnercnr.colostate.edu/employment-opportunities.html.
To receive full consideration by the search committee all materials must be received by August 24, 2014. Questions regarding the position may be directed to Jarvis Choury by email at Jarvis.email@example.com.
The School of Global Environmental Sustainability is at the core of a growing number of exciting sustainability initiatives in research and education at Colorado State University. SoGES serves as a hub to connect CSU's community of scholars and practitioners interested in applying interdisciplinary perspectives to large-scale environmental, economic, and social questions not easily addressed through traditional approaches. The School was uniquely designed to reach across disciplines and colleges to forge new alliances and advance greater understanding of the challenges to achieving sustainability faced by our nation and global community. SoGES is meeting this challenge and continues to strengthen CSU's reputation of being at the forefront of addressing the world's sustainability issues through research, education, and outreach (www.sustainability.colostate.edu).
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.