Maria’s Fellowship will explore how art and sustainability science intersect, and specifically how poetry, storytelling and music can be used to discover, analyze, and communicate about human-environmental relationships.
- Sept. 1, 2015: The Enclosure of the Commons and the Language of Pastoral Protest: A Trans-Historical Perspective | 20 attendees | A brown-bag networking lunch to foster a community of scholars and writers across disciplines interested in exploring the intersection of poetry and sustainability.
- Sept. 10, 2015: The Enclosure of the Commons and the Language of Pastoral Protest: A Trans-Historical Perspective | 25 attendees | Featuring: Daniel Eltringham, Department of English and Humanitites, Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Sept. 23, 2015: Land, Poetry and People: A Reading | 40 attendees | Featuring: Matthew Cooperman, Department of English, CSU; Aby Kaupang, Fort Collins Poet Laureate; Cedar Brant, Colorado Review, CSU; and Daniel Eltringham, Department of English and Humanities, University of London
- Land, Poetry and People Workshop:
- April 25, 2016: The Stories Around Us: Science, Art and Everything in Between | 20 attendees | Led by John Calderazzo
- May 2, 2016: Poetry Workshop | 15 attendees | Led by Dan Beachy-Quick